VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Business Intelligence Developer II with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Business Intelligence Developer II
this position sits in the finance dept.
- Responsible for overall design of the BI solutions
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable BI applications to meet business needs.
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Develop technical requirements and specifications for BI applications
- Design, build and test BI applications
- Develop semantic layers
- Develop dashboards with panels, selectors and links
- Perform creation of complex metrics within the BI application and enable their use within a report or self-service context
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Communicate regularly with technical and non-technical team members
- Educate team members on Business Intelligence concepts and best practices
- Act as a subject matter expert on BI applications
- BA Required with an emphasis in a business discipline such as accounting, finance, economics, data science, engineering, analytics (or relevant work experience)
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, such as Business Objects, Cognos, SAS, OBIE, with a strong preference towards MicroStrategy.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects and independently adjust to changing priorities
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Solid experience in performance tuning of reports as well as VLDB settings.
- Experience modeling Hadoop data for ad-hoc usage within a BI platform preferred
- Strong understanding of data modeling concepts
- Experience working with Relational and Dimensional Databases using SQL (Oracle preferred)
- Experience successfully delivering multiple large enterprise level projects to completion
- Proficiency with SQL
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional data models and ETL processes
- Intermediate project management skills
- Ability to effectively work with relational and dimensional database architectures
- Strong analytical, critical, and systems thinking required
Technical proficiency preferred in the following:
interact with various database and file storage systems (DB2, IDMS, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL, Teradata)
Data manipulation languages such as Hive, Pig, XML