VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Business Intelligence Specialist with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Responsible for defining, implementing and supporting the Business Intelligence (BI) applications and capabilities across the organization. This includes integrating BI solutions within the enterprise data warehouse; defining, documenting and communicating best practices for dashboards, routine reports, and ad hoc reports; and ensuring high levels of BI availability. This role is responsible for advising technology leadership on the selection and implementation of BI tools and advising the business units on how to best use BI tools. Communicates directly with BI vendors to resolve issues with tool performance and to maximize the capabilities of the selected tools.
The following job duties are considered essential to this position and can be amended by supervisor as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
• Develops, documents, and communicates the overall architectural approach for enterprise Business Intelligence.
• Plans and implements best-in-class Business Intelligence capabilities across the entire company's ecosystem.
• Advises technology and business leadership on Business Intelligence strategy and planning.
• Functions as the primary subject matter expert for reporting and dashboarding for the organization.
• Develops, deploys and maintains reports and dashboards as needed.
• Develops reporting and dashboard review and testing standards, and creates appropriate documentation to ensure viability and consistency.
• Develops templates for documenting user needs for reports and dashboards.
• Ensures that all BI development follows standards and appropriate practices for code management, change control, version control and release management.
• Leads the BI development practice leveraging best practices to ensure quality development,
Essential: Proficient with:
- MS Word MS Excel MS Outlook
- Ability to write clear documentation of operating procedures, and ability to write specifications. Exceptional communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow clear methodologies for troubleshooting and development.
- Ability to support and work within standard software development life cycle practices. Analytical thinking, strong judgment and problem analysis techniques.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures. Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Exhibit high degree of tact, discretion, and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Ability to travel between bank and customer locations and/or commute for training purposes - less than 25% of time.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred with 6 years Business Intelligence implementation experience required; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Expert knowledge of Business Intelligence standards and best practices
• Expert at writing SQL for querying a database
• Expert in at least one of the following BI tools: Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, Tibco
SSRS, TM1, PowerPivot, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI)
• Strong understanding of dimensional data modeling
• Strong SQL optimization capabilities
• Experienced in developing stored procedures
• Experienced in delivering reporting solutions on SharePoint
• Clear understanding of RDBMS fundamentals
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documentation/charts, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.