VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Help Desk Rep with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The BI Developer develops business intelligence, reporting and analytical solutions for the organizations information consumers while applying business rules to the data. They work closely with product owners, users, architects, developers, and analysts in cross-functional teams to create and deliver innovative data solutions. The role is responsible for designing and developing business intelligence solutions within a standardized framework that maximize the reliability, value and functionality of data assets. The BI developer is also responsible for operational support of BI solutions that have been moved to production.
Context of Job:
The Data Warehouse team is responsible for developing and supporting the data warehouse for company. This includes acquiring data; relating data; and presenting data to enterprise users and regulator while ensuring data is of the highest possible quality.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Translate business requirements and technical designs into well-developed reporting solutions that meet business goals defined by the business and IT management
- Build reports, cubes and dashboards that meet user requirements
- Efficiently use pattern development to rapidly build reliable and easily maintained reporting solutions
- Capturing metadata around data quality and reporting solution performance
- Conduct BI solution performance tuning, troubleshooting, support and capacity estimation
- Testing BI solutions
- Performing code reviews on others BI solutions
- Participating in data model reviews
- Provide technical support for production reports including troubleshooting and configuration management
- Protect the integrity and quality of BI solutions while securing the organizations data assets in accordance to best practices and company policy
- Identifies, quantifies, and proposes solutions to address data integrity and data quality issues, including performing source data analysis and data profiling to assess data quality
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all company anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
Actively & consistently demonstrate company’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of BI development experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services (SSRS and SSAS).
- Experience with MDX
- Experience with columnar cubes
- Experience with PowerBI
- BI design and development optimizing for process maintenance and data security
- Experience with normalized (3nf) databases
- Experience with dimensional databases
- A creative thinker with proven analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires less than 5% travel
- Familiar with Big Data solutions
- High level analytical and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training or work experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, maintaining, and optimizing business intelligence solutions