VantageLinks is dedicated to Information Technology (IT) staffing through direct placements, contract-to-hire, and contract services. We currently have an opening for a Contractor- Accounts Payable Associate with one of our premier clients.
We are unable to accept H1B candidates and, please no staffing agencies.
The main purpose of this position is to process and record the organizations’ payments to vendors, process reimbursements and stop payments, and assist with general ledger account reconciliation and research.
- Process vendor invoices and payments for all company Service business entities and branch offices through PeopleSoft (60%).
- Research and respond to vendor and/or auditor inquiries relative to payments (20%).
- Process stop payments and voids through bank on-line software (5%).
- Create, update, and maintain the vendor master information utilizing People Soft. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (10%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reconciliation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all company associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 1+ years experience in accounting environment or combination work/education required.
- Accounts payable experience (preferably with PeopleSoft) preferred.