VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Data Privacy Specialist with one of our premier clients.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
This position will support the development, integration and execution of the Global Security Privacy Office services. This potential candidate is an organized individual with attention to detail, advanced analytical skills, and is proficient at multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Responsible for working with global business process owners across the organization to document and update annually the ingress, storage, handling, processing and egress of Personal Data by business process
- Assess associated risk of each business process and determine specific areas of concern such as cross border, technical controls, data use, etc.
- Conduct research when necessary into privacy related laws and regulations, assist in reviews, help create summaries and recommendations, and provide support to the Global Security Privacy Office
- Creates, updates, and maintains reports, project plans and project resources using Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and SharePoint. Serves as a liaison between the Global Security Privacy Office and various departments to deliver project deliverables on schedule
- Uses effective communication and customer interaction skills to assist stakeholders with achieving project goals
- Schedule and facilitates interviews with global business process owners
- Analyses and updates data inventory questionnaires and Use Cases as needed
- Collaborates with the global business owners and IT to review and analyze the data inventory questionnaires and Use Cases
- Partners with IT to ensure that Data Flow maps are updated and accurately reflect the business process data flow, and data elements
- Assists with the administration of Global Security Privacy Office systems as needed such as OneTrust and Iron Mountain Policy Center
- Supports data integrity within current privacy compliance systems and databases
- Escalates key Data Privacy issues to the appropriate Global Security Privacy Office function
- Maintains strict confidentiality and privilege when required
- Performs additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Data Management experience such as data inventory, data flow mapping, retention scheduling and enforcement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues
- A General understanding of IT systems and how they integrate with business processes
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications
- One to two years’ experience understanding of corporate regulatory compliance practices