VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Data Warehouse Director with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Data Warehouse Director is responsible to plan, direct, control and report on the design and delivery of a robust North American Enterprise Data Warehouse (NAEDW) system, with critical capability for producing management and regulatory reports and files that enable the business vision and strategy. The NAEDW will be built in stages and satisfy the informational reporting and business intelligence needs of all entities and business units within the North American Region of company. The Data Warehouse Director has accountability for effectively working with business leaders to ensure that the NAEDW is built appropriately and to effectively meet the strategic information requirements of the bank and the local entities. Provides direction and support for solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations and regulatory reporting. Oversees the technology platform and tools, production and architecture. Oversees the development of data warehouse / data mart technology environments in order to produce timely and accurate information for decision making and planning. Develops and ensures effective implementation of policies, practices, standards for data quality verification and clean-up, extract summarization, reporting and analysis. Manages data warehouse staff and deploys resources appropriately to provide high quality service and solutions to business partners.
The Data Warehouse Director is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date working knowledge in the Data Warehouse field to be aware and educated about the potential risks inherent in new and emerging technologies, trends and issues, competitive or financial impact of advances or changes to the Data Warehouse.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
- Directly supervises employees while overseeing assigned function(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; coaching and development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plans, directs, and controls the design and delivery of a robust Enterprise Data Warehouse. Ensures it is built appropriately and effectively meets the strategic information requirements of the bank.
- Collaborates with management to set a long-term direction for data warehousing and to review reports developed for them to ensure the reporting meets their needs timely.
- Oversees, directs and controls the development of application architecture for management information reporting and data warehousing.
- Oversees and directs development and management of reports as requested by business units.
Collaborates directly with business managers to identify, analyse, recommend, develop, and implement data solutions in support the need for management information and information for executive decision making.
- Directs the analysis and selection of software tools including extract, business intelligence, data integrity, data base, and reporting software.
- Directs coordination with the Information Security team and the IT teams for technical administration of the MIS and data warehousing tools, systems and environments. Designs, develops methodology and ensures implementation of controls to ensure data integrity in data warehouse data bases and reports.
- Partners with business units who own business data to obtain their sign-off and approval for data integrity of data bases and reports.
- Coordinates with company architecture and review functions in Global Information Systems & Development, and Information Technology.
- Fully cooperates with Federal bank examiners and internal and external auditors as they review, examine and audit the data warehouse, MIS and other areas of the bank.
- Complies with global and regional standards, policies, and practices in the conduct of business.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have a complete understanding of the Information Technology, Vendor Management, Project Management, and Information Security policies and relevant procedures.
- The job requires excellent human relations and communication skills to be able to assist managers, supervisors and staff with MIS reporting deliverables and issues.
- Must have the ability to make administrative decisions and excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Outlook) required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to changes and a self-starter.
- Flexibility and availability to be on call 24x7 to repair urgent database issues and data warehouse processing issues when they arise required. These are not expected to be frequent but may occur from time to time.
- Periodic travel to other locations throughout the company footprint required – 25% or less.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or related discipline preferred or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing data warehouse, MIS, or data management systems in a financial services environment. Previous work experience leading a data warehouse development effort. Previous work experience as a database modeler, designer and/or administrator in environments such as Oracle and MS SQL is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.