VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Director, IT - Application Development with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Direct department staff including hiring, performance management and career development to ensure alignment with defined goals.
- Plan and integrate the daily activities of multiple application development teams, allocating resources within defined budgets.
- Coordinate the plans and activities of the organization with senior leaders inside and outside IT.
- Apply technical and process expertise using SAFe Agile methodologies to address challenging technical and business issues and lead teams in the transformation of current technology stack into modern technology platforms.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 8+ years of diverse IT experience. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
- Experience managing application development teams
- Experience with Agile
- Exposure to Docker, Golang, MongoDB and Kafka
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
8 years of IT experience and a Bachelor's or 12 years and no Bachelor's. Strong people management background of application development teams. Strong experience with Agile.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Exposure to newer, more modern technologies like Kafka, Docker, MongoDB, Golang would be very helpful.