VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for an ETL Architect with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The ETL Architect is responsible for all ETL development and ETL architectural components within the data warehouse environment including standards, design practices, code management, tool optimization, implementation, operations, and production releases. The individual is also responsible for being aware of, and applying, corporate standards and industry best practices to all of the data movement processes within the data warehouse environment as well as documenting the standards used and configuration details of the data movement logic.
The following job duties are considered essential to this position and can be amended by supervisor as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
- Develops overall architecture approach for data integration
- Collaborates with ETL architects from the company’s international partners to develop a reference architecture and ensures that developers abide by the reference architecture during ETL development
- Consults with other database and IT professionals within the organization to ensure adherence to enterprise direction and standards within the data warehouse environment
- Develops a common monitoring framework for ETL metadata across the data warehouse environment
- Assesses infrastructure and enterprise data movement and recommends solutions for upgrading the enterprise data architecture
- Reviews infrastructure and data warehouse expansion projects and recommends solutions for to meet business needs
- Oversees ETL code peer reviews for the data integration team
- Acts as a subject matter expert in data integration projects
- Ensures that all ETL code develop follows standards and appropriate practices for code management, change control, version control and release management
- Expert knowledge of Informatica PowerCenter
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Stored Procedures
- Expert knowledge of with Oracle partitioning
- Expert knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling
- Expert SQL skills
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX
- Experience with shell scripting
- Clear understanding of RDBMS fundamentals
- Ability to write clear documentation of operating procedures, and ability to write specifications
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow clear methodologies for troubleshooting and development
- Ability to support and work within standard software development life cycle practices
- Analytical thinking, strong judgment and problem analysis techniques
Responsible for most complex ETL processes, including the business rules, data gathering, data profiling, ETL development and deployment.
Qualifications/ Required Work Experience and Education
High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 10 years technology related experience, with 6 years related Informatica development / architecture experience required; or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred with minimum 8 years technology related experience, with 4 years Informatica development / architecture experience required.
Related industry certification, credential, or license preferred in Informatica Certified Administrator or Informatica Certified Developer or Informatica Certified Consultant.