VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for an ETL Developer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Designs, develops, tests, documents, and explains the bank's data movement processes within the context of a team that is designing and implementing an integrated robust data warehouse. Works closely and cooperatively with business users (i.e. non-technical subject matter experts) and technical team members and vendors. Uses modern tools and standards when documenting business rules, data models and data flows. Uses strong understanding of dimensional and relational databases, including: stored procedures, constraints, normalization, indexes, and security
The following job duties are considered essential to this position and can be amended by supervisor as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
- Develops data movement processes for the data warehouse. Includes preparing and executing thorough testing.
- Works closely with IT and business team members in the design and implementation of the data warehouse.
- Analyzes data structures in existing legacy systems in order to design extract, transform and load processes and data warehouse data structures.
- Makes recommendations, based on data profiling and data analysis, for changes to existing/legacy systems particularly in the area of automated data validations.
- Uses standard data modeling, data flow, and data documentation tools to analyze, document and present data analysis work.
- Works cooperatively with others to resolve data and process issues.
- Works with non-technical, subject matter experts to understand underlying data behavior and characteristics in ways that will be new for such non-technical people.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Expert knowledge of ETL development
- Expert knowledge of database stored procedures
- Expert knowledge of dimensional data modeling
- Expert SQL skills
- Expertise in data warehousing
- Expertise in database partitioning
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX
- Experience with shell scripting
- Clear understanding of RDBMS fundamentals
- Understands data profiling and data analytics
Responsible for most complex ETL processes, including the business rules, data gathering, data profiling, ETL development and deployment.
Qualifications/ Required Work Experience and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field required with 8 years related experience including 3 years ETL development / data warehouse experience required.
Extract transform and load (ETL) development, data modeling, data analysis, and database development experience required. The senior level must also have experience writing complex stored procedures, scheduling batch jobs, familiarity with the Unix/Linux operating system, and logging ETL metrics in an ETL framework. Familiarity with business intelligence tools such as with Business Objects, Tableau, SSRS or Cognos is highly desirable.