VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for an IT Business Analyst with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The primary purpose of the IT Analyst role is to ensure proper and constant alignment between the needs that the business has of its Line-of-Business (LOB) systems in performing critical business processes and the technology providers that build and maintain the company's LOB systems. A second purpose is to ensure that the company's business processes governed by LOB systems are properly mapped and that such process maps are kept up to date as part of internal reference by authorized employees and also compliance efforts, such as ISO. The third reason for the IT Analyst position is to provide the necessary user training and adoption related to LOB systems when implemented or updated, or when personnel are hired or transferred. Will lead and train some staff members
Essential Responsibility % of Time
Assists business leaders in documenting their business processes; also facilitates and assists business leaders in evaluating possible business process improvements, and ensures that business process maps are properly updated if/when business process changes are implemented.
Assists business leaders in analysis of business data to answer questions or evaluate business, either for ad-hoc requests or the prototyping of reports to be developed. In the latter case, coordinates report development activities with the Business Intelligence team and ensures that new reports or report modificaitons are introduced into the appropriate business processes and that all impacted users are aware of the change(s).
Prepares instructional and reference materials for end-user training and adoption of LOB applications and reporting systems; publishes and as necessary presents material to end-users.
Gathers and documents system requirements for custom software applications and/or business intelligence components.
Performs QA testing of LOB system upgrades or enhancements custom software provided by the Application Developer group, including coordination and drafting of test plans, execution of test plans, and coordination with developers in the resolution of any bugs found.
Oversees user adoption of changes to LOB systems such that the desired business process improvements are realized.
Ensures that onboarding of new employees is performed such that latest approved business processes are taught. May provide this assistance to business leaders or directly to affected personnel.
- Captures the ways (requirements) in which desktop or custom software applications can be most effectively used to meet the business objectives of company's end-users.
- Identifies and documents defects in new custom software applications and reporting tools.
- Determines best approach to introducing end-user community to changes in custom software applications and reporting systems, facilitating maximum end-user adoption.
- Uses SQL Server tools to extract raw data from LOB systems that help answer business questions or prototype a requested report.
- Decides degree of testing required for given release of software.
- Determines best approach for training new/transferred employee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Identify any specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job at a completely satisfactory level (meet expectations). Include such items as computer software, foreign languages, company programs or terminology, communication skills, credentials, etc.
- Knowledge or Information Required for Completely Satisfactory Performance
- Familiarity with best practices in software application requirements management
- Above average aptitude with Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to script and record instructional videos related to software applications and reporting systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate product changes to end-users via written or verbal presentations.
- Ability to write basic T-SQL statements and pull results from Microsoft SQL Server relational databases.
Minimum Years of Experience
- 3-5 years
- Discussion of technical issues with colleagues.
- Discussion of technical issues with supervisor.
- Presentation of new or revised software product features to end-users.
- Explanation of software product features to end-users needing support.