VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for an IT System Administrator, Network with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
% Time Spent
20% - Management and administration of Local Area Networks at each site, including wi-fi
20% - Management and administration of Wide Area Network and remote access
20% - Management and administration of telecommunications services and vendors
20% - Management and administration of the enterprise Cisco Unified Communications System
5% - Management of UPS and HVAC systems for data racks and data centers
5% - Administration of company servers (Hardware, VMWare, Windows Server) as needed to support of the Senior System Administrator
5% - Administration of company Storage Area Networks (SAN) as needed in support of the Senior System Administrator
5% - Administration of Active Directory and Exchange as needed in support of the Senior System Administrator.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Functions as a technical expert; does not supervise other employees. Configures, updates, repairs network hardware, software and firmware. Makes technical recommendations regarding network and infrastructure in general.
Required: Four-year college education, OR 2-year associate’s degree with Cisco network certifications
3 to 5 years.
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in the areas of networking and telecommunications, especially Cisco products.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of computer and network security.
- Understanding of IT Service Management best practices as documented in ITIL or Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF).
- Experience with infrastructures that include VMWare or similar virtualization tool and Storage Area Networks (SAN’s)
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment (Windows Servers, Active Directory, Exchange)
- Experience with ServiceNow, or similar ITSM tool
- Good interpersonal skills, for collaborating with other members of IT department and outside vendors.
- Good command of English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side and email support.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.