VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Lead DevOps Analyst with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Lead Analyst (Development Lead) is responsible for new features, enhancements & support of an actuarial modeling / prediction platform. Provides technical leadership, oversight and guidance throughout the entire software life cycle. Duties include coordination of technical resources, analysis, design, estimation, planning, implementation, unit / integration testing of platform improvements and operational support. Customer relationship skills are essential to serve as an effective point of contact for key stakeholder alignment.
- Oversee & directly apply expertise in modern Web, Data and DevOps technologies to design, implement & deliver solutions
- Provide implementation coordination across development staff and integrated IT shared services
- Drive team to work independently through a full system development lifecycle while providing estimates, deliverables & results
- Lead technical analysis, coordinate technical specifications and perform solution gap analysis
- Key contributor to planning sessions and effectively elicit implied requirements to manage risk
- Lead product development team via Agile Scrum methodology and continuously refine SDLC process and culture
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation of complex product systems to customers and team members
- Balance application change risk with business need for timely product enhancements
- Engage technical analysts and business users to provide input on requirements, test cases, test scenarios, and test plans
- Engage other IT teams outside of immediate group as required (product integration points, infrastructure, help desk, security)
- Responsible for quality design, delivery and release of operational enhancements including performance, stability, & resiliency
- Ensure operational health of business cycle data jobs stream (monitoring / escalation / response)
- Drive the team to identify and rapidly resolve issues to enable business operations
- Ensure timely investigation and response regarding user questions about system functionality
- Develop and maintain effective team and sponsor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in programming/systems analysis.
- 7+ years of experience implementing SOA, web applications with heavy database integration
- 5+ years of experience leading agile development initiatives including code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, DevOps, test driven development and refactoring
- Expert knowledge of structured, functional and object oriented programming, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration
- Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, demonstrating an ability to lead a product development team
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems design and technical solutions
- Ability to evaluate project objectives for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and ensure projects meet budget and plan criteria
- Complex analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to work well within a team environment, multi-task and learn new technologies
- Automated Testing as subset of software development (dev estimates include testing automation – no exceptions)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Tableau, Micro Services, Microsoft HPC, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java. TDD, Specflow, Mocha.