VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Lead DevOps Engineer - Project Lead System Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Lead cross functional teams through system processes.
- Lead cross functional teams through system processes.
- Provide technical and strategic support for the server systems and applications residing on these servers.
- Support end users and monitor system usage/performance.
- Responsible for backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, patching, process automation writing programs, server installation/configuration and ignite configuration.
- Perform duties for third-party application design, integration, support, installations, and configurations.
- Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs.
- Act as a resource for resolving complex problems.
- Act as the go-to person to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for evaluation, design, and integration of all enhancements or new releases of the system.
- Identify and implement process/procedural improvements.
- Accelerate digital transformation to enhance business opportunities through consultative engagements with internal infrastructure, operations, app and dev teams.
- Facilitate distributed system reliability and scalability – and serve as a change agent for - DevOps and SRE methodologies.
- Automate repeatable tasks to improve responsiveness, ensure stability and enhance security of Company’s IT systems.
- Leverage value focused systems thinking, continuous feedback and continual experimentation to develop shared values and catalyze innovation.
- Incubate, implement and drive adoption of transformative technology catalysts - such as versioned programmatic infrastructure, configuration management, CI/CD and continuous feedback/monitoring systems – through consultative internal engagements.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience with disaster recovery planning/testing.
- Thorough understanding of clustering concepts, backup solutions, system security standards, and overall services integration of enterprise infrastructure.
- Proven ability implementing new technology solutions and leading team projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems in area of expertise and mentor team members so that they can expand their skill sets.
- Proven people skills and ability to represent the team in cross functional IT meetings.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Must have experience working in a DevOpps environment Experience with Programmatic infrastructure (infrastructure code) End to end service delivery (automation fully configure) DSO Domain specific languages, object oriented languages.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Python Ruby on rails