VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a License and Asset Mgmt Admin with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
- The License and Asset Specialist leads the effort to integrate people, process, and technology associated with software licenses, enabling them to be systematically tracked, managed, and optimized.
- Play a significant role in developing policies and processes related to all areas of the asset lifecycle.
- The License and Asset Specialist must have broad asset management experience ranging from desktop- to enterprise-level software and hardware across major vendors like Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, IBM, and Citrix.
- This person will perform routine & adhoc data analysis, compliance reporting, and support IT Operations during Software Vendor Audits.
- The role will involve the implementation of software asset repository and discovery functionality, to help ensure alignment with processes, workflows and modifications to accurately track and manage contracts and licenses.
- They are expected to understand and track all aspects of the software life-cycle – from licensing, purchasing, to deployment and decommissioning.
- Oversee the proper decommissioning of assets ensuring data is deleted prior to donation or disposal of equipment as required.
- This role will maintain the asset management database for complete and accurate information in support of software license management, hardware management and other internal management requirements.
- The role will generate forecasts and related modeling to ensure adequate and continued support of systems and/or products to meet contractual requirements.
- The Specialist will maintain accurate reporting for all Assets during and after the renewal cycle, to include tracking future renewal points in the systems of record.
- The Specialist will analyst purchase records and other entitlement information (including contracts, EULAs, EAs, etc.)
- Maintain current vendor list, catalogues, specification sheets and price lists.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners for negotiating asset pricing and contract terms to align with company demand.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues pertaining to license server administration.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess one of the Following:
- Associate Degree (prefer related field)
- IT asset management: 3+ years of experience
- Vendor management: 2 years of experience
- Microsoft Enterprise Agreement: 2+ years of experience
- Network Licensing: 2 years of experience
- Cloud Licensing: 2 years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Exposure to various industry standard Network License Managers (NLM) i.e. Sentinal, Flexera, etc.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow a plus
- IT Asset Management (ITAM) training and Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) a plus
- Demonstrates proficiency using standard office software applications, and strong database management experience or abilities.
- Exposure to software development processes. Understand technology Infrastructure and end user computing hardware and software.
- Understands chargebacks to accounting, procurement processes, and purchase lifecycle.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library - ITIL Certification
- Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Analysis and Judgment: Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas verbally and in writing in individual or group situations.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Working effectively with others in the organization to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Communication: Create an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, throughout the organization.
- Communication (Oral and Written): Engage with others, including those outside of the direct team, to develop new ideas, and resolve issues or make changes. Create an environment where continuous improvement is valued and welcomed.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Customer Service/Relationship Oriented: Serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the customer’s needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Planning and Organization: Establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors, customers and industry profession.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime and flexibility as needed.
Located in Chesterfield, Missouri
10-20% Travel, to other client sites, very light travel if any