VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Manager, Data Analysis with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Support analytic data needs for assigned business unit. Handle complex data requests and acts as a “go to” person for other Data Analysts.
- Identify and prioritize recurring and ad hoc data analysis needs of the Health Plan to enable management to control medical costs and ensure delivery of quality healthcare to members
- Coordinate analysis and develop initiatives with cross health plan initiatives and capabilities
- Perform analysis and reporting to support the Health Plan and Corporate
- Manage development efforts with technical team liaisons, including business requirements gathering and documentation, testing, delivery and user adoption, and effectively communicate deliverable expectations to the Health Plan
- Analyze plan data including service and clinical trend analysis
- Develop reports through various data reporting tools
- Manage, mentor, and train team of analysts
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
- Advanced SQL and Microsoft Excel skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred.
- Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred.
- Experience interfacing with IT, building out reports, data discovery and proof of concept is strongly preferred.
- This position is a blend of "being in the trenches" and managing people.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
supervisory experience Advanced SQL skills - need to be able to get into the trenches with their direct reports, when necessary 5+ years of data analysis experience
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Health care Interfacing with IT, building out reports, proof of concept and data discovery