VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Network Security Analyst with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Network Security Analyst
Monitors, evaluates, maintains, and executes security controls to ensure the organization’s data is protected from unauthorized users.
- Researches, recommends, and implements changes to procedures and standards to enhance data systems security.
- Performs configuration, maintenance and support of firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, proxies, and related network security infrastructure.
- Maintains current security equipment with latest software and patches.
- Performs regular security audits, vulnerability and penetration testing, and remediation as required.
- Evaluates network architecture and hardware/software configurations for security vulnerabilities.
- Works with management to identify sensitive and critical data, understand company security needs, and researches, recommends, and implements changes to procedures and reports to accommodate those needs.
- Identifies potential threats and responds to reported security violations.
- Determines causes of security violations, recommends and implements corrective actions to ensure data security, and communicates findings to management.
- Participates in developing security procedures and guidelines and training users.
- Administers user access and maintains records of authorized users.
- Audits and maintains security of network attached systems such as firewalls, web proxies, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, wireless networks, and virtual private networks.
- Monitors corporate-wide network traffic activity.
- Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- Operates in a team environment, interacts with application development and deployment, and supports teams.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems affecting network performance/security.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Telecommunications, or a related field.
- Two years of experience in the security field.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco products. (Routers, Switches, ISE, Wireless, VOIP, Video, and more.)
- Knowledge of security and technologies, best practices, and user appropriate security controls and methods.
- Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN, TCP/IP routing, and network access control lists and devices.
- Extensive knowledge of MPLS Ethernet, network topology, and network products.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to maintain contact with users and vendors.