VantageLinks is dedicated to Information Technology (IT) staffing through direct placements, contract-to-hire, and contract services. We currently have an opening for a Network Supervisor with one of our premier clients.
We are unable to accept H1B candidates and, please no staffing agencies.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated IT Network Engineering Supervisor who is responsible for instructing, directing, and checking the work of other network and telecommunication system purpose partners. This position supervises all activities related to Network and Telecommunication Engineering and ensures long-term and short-term requirements of network and telecommunication operations are being carried out effectively and reliably. They are responsible for the installation, configuration, security, and maintenance of organization’s local area network(s), wide area network(s), telecommunication systems and network appliances. Supervisory functions may include, but are not limited to, prioritizing and assigning tasks for effective use of team resources; implementing projects in accordance with project plans and budgets; responding to more complex, escalated inquiries from team members; assist/mentor/coach for purpose. They will provide strategic thinking and direction, determine development methodologies to ensure network(s) and telecommunications are delivered as a service, in a timely manner, within budget, and deliver well-defined requirements/deliverables specified and required by the business.
Additional responsibilities will be assigned as deemed necessary and will include support requirements such as: 24 hour on-call coverage for “pilot” applications or production support issues. Although travel is usually planned in advance issues can arise which could warrant immediate travel to one or more satellite locations.
JOB TITLE: IT Network Engineering Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and direction to purpose partners in accordance with the organization's culture, policies, and procedures to meet team, department, and company goals.
- Recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of contractors with proper skills to accomplish team, department, and company goals.
- Coach, develop skills, and mentor purpose partners at all experience levels
- Set expectations for team members by defining the outcomes along with the steps to support accurate performance measurement and personal accountability.
- Empower purpose partners to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability; including a frequent, consistent, fair feedback process.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity that: allows for differing points of view to be shared openly, encourages collaboration, cohesiveness, and supportiveness, and deals with conflicting ideas and perspectives in an expeditious and healthy manner.
- Lead purpose partners to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Manage purpose partner work schedules including assignments, job rotation, and training.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of your area(s) of responsibility.
- Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness to meet team, department, and company goals.
- Innovate, plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of network processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and operationalization of IT networks; including network analysis and development activities that enable the organizations business processes. This position manages the IT professional who design/develop or acquire/adapt application software to meet the business’ needs.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to assigned technical leads and review project proposals.
- Serve as direct liaison and relationship manager to internal customers and provide technology enabled solutions to our businesses.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, developments, and best practices - recommend more efficient methods of networking and provide effective and efficient technology enabled solutions.
- Ensure cost effect delivery models, including Right-Sourcing, Cloud-Sourcing, and other sourcing options maximizing the “value add” of resources through the continuous evaluation, implementation, and management of resources.
- Develop and supervise major project budgets, activities, schedules, and milestones. Proactively identify technical dependencies and roadblocks to mitigate risks and ensure successful execution of projects.
- Supervise IT operations’ risks to the business, including software licensing, hardware and software maintenance, security, and disaster recovery related to all new or upgraded applications.
- Lead the improvement, standardization, and automation of existing development processes
- Configure (as needed) catalyst switches, nexus switches, firewalls, and other network appliances
Qualified Candidates Will Possess one of the Following:
- Bachelor or Advanced degree related to Computer Networking Technology/Management Information Systems, or 15+ year’s equivalent IT Network experience.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Cisco Network(s).
- Experience leading and executing the design and development of large and small innovative solutions and driving recommendations for changes to networks, systems, infrastructure or processes.
- Experience delivering high availability and performance driven network solutions.
- Current and strong skills related to Catalyst switches, Nexus switching, ASA firewalls, Sourcefire, NetScalers, ISR and ASR routers.
- Solid understanding of Proactive Monitoring tools, Prime, and TACAS/ISE. Experience managing a fast paced, service model department.
- Passion for participating in the collaborative design and implementation of GREAT consumer experiences centralized around networking.
- Experience working in a highly virtualized environment.
- Change Leadership: Participate in the change process by inspiring, influencing, and energizing purpose partners and removing barriers that can hamper successful shift and positive movement forward. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively toward solutions that benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish company objectives.
- Communication/Open: Create an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, throughout the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Communication/Verbal & Written: Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas verbally and in writing in individual or group situations.
- Customer Oriented: Serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the customer’s needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Coaching and Development: Work to improve and reinforce the performance of others. Take responsibility by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring constructive feedback is shared, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly. Work with coaches and support purpose partners in developing knowledge, skills, and abilities in support of performance improvement and purpose partner’s career development.
- Innovative: Display original thinking and creativity: Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Continuous Improvement: Engage with others, including those outside of your direct team, to develop new ideas, and resolve issues or make changes. Enable others to manage the implementation of change. Create an environment where continuous improvement is valued and welcomed. Think creatively and identify issues/solutions which can bring quantum leap improvements to existing processes.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrate a sincere commitment to achieving and/or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Show passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Professionalism: Think carefully about your impact on others; your words, actions, body language, and overall behavior. Be mindful of the words you use and the actions you take to ensure that you are having a positive impact on individuals and/or team. Select the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
- Conflict Management: Bring substantial conflicts and disagreements to the surface and work in collaboration with others to build consensus in an objective manner and keep the best interest of the overall organization in mind.
- Influence: Share ideas and gain buy-in by engaging purpose partners and mobilizing them to action, using inclusive and creative approaches to inspire and influence them to meet goals.
- Organizational Acumen: Understand agendas and perspectives of others, recognize and effectively balance the interests and needs of one’s group with those of the broader organization.
- Interaction with Others: Must be a team player who interacts well with other members of the team, vendors, customers, etc. Must seek out and share information and develop trust and rapport with coworkers at all levels in the organization. Must be willing to work as an equal team member.
- Attendance during regular work hours is required and overtime and flexibility in scheduling as needed.
- Located in Chesterfield, Missouri
- Supervises Network Engineers
- 10-25% Travel
- Flexibility in Scheduling when necessary