VantageLinks is dedicated to Information Technology (IT) staffing through direct placements, contract-to-hire, and contract services. We currently have an opening for a Performance Systems Engineer (TC1 level) with one of our premier clients.
Looking for an advanced JEE architect/Systems Engineer with at least 15 years of experience that is willing to take ownership for platform performance from the inception to delivery that will also help support performance for complex financial platforms while in production. This position is for someone with advanced technical knowledge who really likes to dig deep and uncover the smallest detail around performance issues.
- The chosen candidate for this position will be a Performance System Engineer and someone that is fluent in JEE Architecture to provide guidance/consultation/testing with respect to engineering Java software for performance to product delivery teams and aligning infrastructure configurations for best overall performance.
- They will provide guidance and testing services to architects, developers, operations personnel, network personnel, etc. with respect to helping teams design and develop high performing Java applications that operate with a predictable platform design with respect to capacity.
- This position will help lead performance discipline throughout software development lifecycle to analyze business requirements and customer preferences, and recommend best performance practices in working with various application delivery teams.
- They will share technical acumen with both DEV, operations and testing resources while they measure, test, and design, inspect, and be ultimately help drive delivery of high performing/high scalable JEE solutions at Client using an agile methodology.
- This candidate will conduct both manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc).
- They will partner with operations teams and bridge the gap between understanding of software and infrastructure when it comes to knowledge around performance.
- The candidate will continue to find better and more efficient ways to help Client assure quality and scale its platforms while meeting customer needs.
1. Production Performance Analysis and Tuning of JEE products.
2. Create Performance Test Plans for Client products
3. Perform release and software patch performance testing for the Fraud Product Suite in the Fraud dedicated performance environment.
4. Perform JEE Code reviews to assure code is adhering to best performance practices and assist with performance related problem resolutions.
5. Provide instructions for tuning Infrastructure and software for the best performance with Client products.
6. Analyze MQ Series and iLog related performance issues in addition to Gemfire NoSQL and Oracle/Postgres database related performance issues.
7. Work with both onshore and offshore talent to complete performance related tasks.
8. Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
9. Provide weekly status information regarding progress and provide presentations to stakeholders. Must have good communication skills.
10. Work across many problem domains to help with performance related issues as assigned.
11. Tune Apache, WebSeals, JBoss/Websphere application and Linux/Aix servers for best performance.
12. Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization techniques.
13. Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace, LoadRunner or JMeter.
15. Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets.
16. Have good understanding of JEE performance design patterns and anti-patterns.
We are unable to accept H1B candidates and, please no staffing agencies.