VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a R&D Engineer- Machine Vision with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Design and develop machine vision based products with emphasis on software development with occasional electronic and optical development opportunities. Person in this position will interact with engineering team and manufacturing personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform new product research and conceptual design as member of our design team.
- Develop, implement, and test vision based software algorithms.
- Develop, implement, and test vision based electronics.
- Support development of application level software.
- Support further development of existing products as needed.
- Support development of factory test fixtures as required.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience, or equivalent graduate-level education designing and developing software for machine vision systems.
- Knowledgeable in image processing, image analysis, 3D perspective geometry, pattern recognition algorithms, and metrology algorithms.
- Experience in embedded code development in C/C++.
- Experience developing application level software including screen design and user interface design in a Windows-based environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is preferred.
- Experience with working in a multiple developer team environment with configuration management and defect tracking tools is preferred.
- Experience in specifying or designing machine vision system hardware (cameras, optics, lighting, etc.) is preferred.