VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior Application Software Engineer - HR Systems with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Sr. Application Software Engineer will be responsible for the high-quality design, development, and maintenance of scalable and stable off-the-shelf application and custom built technology solutions to support the HR vision and strategy for the organization. The role will be critical to the successful delivery of several planned large-scale system and process redesign and optimization efforts as well as the functional evolution of the HR application suite. The role will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support for junior developers and functional analysts within the team.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and manage system integrations leveraging Workday’s Integration Cloud Platform (Connectors, Enterprise Information Builder, Workday Studio)
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and manage complex reports
- Identification of system, process, performance, and architectural improvements to support the technical roadmap and business need/direction
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis for system, data, interface, and reporting issues
- Engaged as subject matter expert for technical project requirements, design, and technical QA reviews
- Partner Centers of Excellence leaders to ensure solutions meet and exceed the business need(s)
- Create technical documentation as needed
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, coordination, and implementation of new technology
- Support tenant maintenance strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field
- Experience with SaaS systems including: Workday, Taleo, Cornerstone on Demand
- Understanding of the Workday data model, security, interfaces, reporting, and data load procedures
- Experience with SOX and compliance audits
- Experience with data transformations (XSLT), transports (SOAP, SFTP), security (PGP), error handing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Healthcare industry experience
- Technical background with interest in learning/performing functional tasks to support the business need
- Workday is now a NICE TO HAVE as long as the candidate has other HCM experience such as Peoplesoft, SAP or ORACLE. WORKDAY STUDIO Integration experience is what company really wants and needs but now are willing to train.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Worked with SAAS systems Developed and supported interfaces, Worked with business partners to gather requirements, troubleshoot interface or system issues, test, and provided Tier 3 technical support Technical but also wants to learn and/or has performed some functional tasks Individual needs to be able to work on a team that does not currently have a lot of documentation or structured processes and procedures and supports business partners that are very dynamic and have a high rate of change. The work we do changes every day and there is a lot of “gray”. The most successful Individuals on the team are self-starters that dig in and “figure it out” by applying their own knowledge or information they learned on the vendor community sites or training.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Taleo Design/Re-design experience Cornerstone ADP Faster paced industry experience like Healthcare or Consulting. Banks and government, because of their slower pace may not be a good fit.