VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior Application Software Engineer - Python Dev with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Write Python programs (wrappers) around two applications.
- Report generation using SQL queries embedded in Python programs.
- Maintain internal .NET application
- New development in a highly dynamic and changing environment.
- Will involve production support on a rotations. Once every 8 weeks for a week will be primary, the following week as a secondary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Advanced knowledge of agile methodology.
- Strong Python programming experience. Will consider .NET skills, but primary duties will be in Python.
- .NET skills would be a plus as a secondary skill as well.
- Strong SQL. Inner and Outer Joins.
- Stored Procedures.
- Strong team and collaboration skills.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Python. C# would be a second choice, but Python is highly preferred. Writing programs around two applications from Softeon and Acero – Wrappers. Strong SQL (SQL Server preferred) Joins are the key (inner and outer). Have to write the queries then embed those into Python program. Stored Procedures. Report Development. Will write lots of reports. Will involve production support on a rotations. Currently 8 developers. Once every 8 weeks for a week will be primary, the next as a secondary.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Dynamic environment. Serve ACA membership. A lot of changes which means a lot of new development. Also team is very diverse, BSAs have great functional knowledge.