VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior IT Continuity Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Senior IT Continuity Engineer will be responsible for ensuring All Client companies meet or exceed compliance with the IT Continuity policies by providing consulting services, technical expertise and hands-on services to provide industry standard best practices for back-up and recovery solutions. The role will be responsible for working with IT Governance and Compliance to understand high value assets of subsidiary organizations, review, develop and document IT Continuity plans, consult on existing backup and recovery strategies and recommend new or complimentary solutions as needed to meet business and IT requirements.
- Understanding cultural and professional differences combined with effective communication will be crucial for this role as each business unit operates entirely independent of the corporate business.
- Managing priorities for each location based on identified high value assets is important to the business as well as corporate leadership. Keeping IT Security in mind, evaluating each solution from a security standpoint to ensure risk is minimized.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as deemed necessary and will include support requirements such as: 24 hour on-call coverage for “pilot” applications or production support issues.
- Although travel is usually planned in advance- issues can arise which could warrant immediate travel to one or more satellite locations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consulting and Essential Functions 50%
- Provide oversight and direction to purpose partners in accordance with the organization's culture, policies, and procedures to meet team, department, and company goals. Developing and maintaining the IT Continuity processes in accordance with the overall business continuity management requirements to meet Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) Implementing and maintaining the IT continuity and recovery plans to ensure recovery objectives can be achieved in the required timeframes.
- Empower purpose partners to take responsibility for their tasks and goals. Delegate responsibility where appropriate and expect accountability; including a frequent, consistent, fair feedback process.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity that: allows for differing points of view to be shared openly, encourages collaboration, cohesiveness, and supportiveness, and deals with conflicting ideas and perspectives in an expeditious and healthy manner.
- Encourage purpose partners to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Make business decision recommendations that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of your area(s) of responsibility.
- Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness to meet team, department, and company goals.
- Innovate, plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Design, deliver, and manage effective communications throughout all levels of the organization for your areas of responsibility and the purpose partners entrusted to your care.
- Collaborate with other IT leaders to set overall IT Continuity direction where appropriate
- Ensure purpose partners are adhering to organizational methodologies, company policies, and procedures.
- Consistently operate in a caring, humble, purposeful, transparent, mature manner; leading by example and modeling Client’s core values.
Job Related Essential Functions 50%
- Subject matter expert for IT Continuity
- Participates in IT Continuity meets and keeps abreast of industry best practices and trends
- Monitor and advise management of industry changes affecting IT Continuity, working proactively to help the organization understand and implement appropriate changes.
- Ensure compliance of IT Continuity in accordance with all IT policies, processes, and procedures
- Manage and/or provide guidance for the operation, administration, and maintenance of Data
- Backup and Recovery process, procedures, and services to include regularly reoccurring IT
- Continuity Testing measuring RTO & RPO in accordance with business requirements.
- Develop and Execute the Global IT Continuity processes, procedures, and tools to support the enforcement of the company’s IT Continuity plan. Respond immediately to elevated incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis.
- Analyze information to evaluate the effectiveness of IT Continuity plans and procedures, determine the accuracy of reports, and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communication: Open Create an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, throughout the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Communication: Verbal & Written Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas verbally and in writing in individual or group situations.
- Customer Oriented Serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the customer’s needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Innovative Display original thinking and creativity: Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Continuous Improvement Engage with others, including those outside of your direct team, to develop new ideas, and resolve issues or make changes. Enable others to manage the implementation of change. Create an environment where continuous improvement is valued and welcomed. Think creatively and identify issues/solutions which can bring quantum leap improvements to existing processes.
- Results Oriented Demonstrate a sincere commitment to achieving and/or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Show passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Planning and Organization Establish a systematic course of action for self to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Professionalism Think carefully about your impact on others; your words, actions, body language, and overall behavior. Be mindful of the words you use and the actions you take to ensure that you are having a positive impact on individuals and/or team.
of behavior. Select the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
- Technical Expertise Possess in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish positive results and/or to accomplish one’s role effectively.
- Interactions with Others Must be a team player who interacts well with other members of the team, vendors, customers, etc. Must seek out and share information and develop trust and rapport with coworkers at all levels in the organization. Must be willing to work as an equal team member.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Advanced degree related to Computer Technology/Management Information Systems/Programming/Development required.
- 7+ years’ experience planning, designing, documenting and implementing IT backup and restoration services for medium to large size clients.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using Backup as a Service (Baas) with solutions such as Unitrends and Peakuptime. Veeam and other backup/recovery solutions such as Commvault and Barracuda are also preferred.
- In-depth experience providing guidance and support to business customers for BaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of best practices for offsite storage, recovery techniques using on-site and cloud solutions.
- In-depth server administrator experience with MS Server 2016 and older, Linux, and various database servers.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and implementing IT Continuity plans across a broad spectrum of business customers.
- Candidate should possess exceptional communications skills and strong documentation and organization skills, be detail oriented, and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to be a strong problem solver and decision maker with the courage and conviction to follow through on decisions, mediate conflict, and drive change.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and credibility to win support and align the organization; possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and analytic skills.
- Strong commitment to our core values are required.