VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND, PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Support analytical data needs for assigned business unit. Handle complex data requests and acts as a “go to” person for other Data Analysts.
- Initiate and manage company wide data processes improvements
- Manage cross functional activities related to large-scale analytic projects to deliver on schedule, within budget and with superior quality
- Develop and lead activities to accomplish overall strategic department goals and lead the communication of these goals to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with health plan leadership to understand their data analysis needs, explain trends in data and actively drive further research and/or operational changes to assist in controlling medical costs and delivery of quality healthcare to members
- Participate in cross health plan initiatives and capabilities, including data analysis support
- Manage development efforts with technical team liaisons, including business requirements gathering and documentation, testing, delivery and user adoption, and effectively communicate deliverable expectations to the health plan
- Manage system/tool implementation and design as needed
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in data related field. 8+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare. Advanced SQL and Microsoft Access skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred. Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred. Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred. Master’s degree and supervisory experience preferred.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Strong management Skills Strong analytical skills Strong departmental and interdepartmental communications Strong PM experience
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Advanced SQL experience Advanced finance experience