VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior Security Operations Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Senior Security Operations Engineer supports the Regional SOC, as a first line of defense, in evolving the confidentiality, integrity, and, availability of the information assets related to company business and information systems. The SOC SR Engineer will also work with our global counterparts in the Cyber Defense Center, and coordinate with other Regional SOC’s for incident identification, escalation, and resolution, as well as participating on global service committees and user groups when required. The incumbent in this role must have a professional image, the ability to work under pressure, and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. The incumbent takes a technical leadership role in the information security program by contributing to the development of an enterprise wide security risk program, policies and standards, vulnerability life-cycle management and remediation, evaluation of new security technologies, and contributes to security incident and event management. The incumbent takes a leadership role in supporting and assisting with coordination and implementation of all process and technical aspects of the Information Security Program, in a first line of defence role, working as an integral partner with our global, regional, and local security officers and staff. This role will also provide input into new security strategies and trends as well as measure and report on the processes that affect the integrity, functionality, and reliability of the company security control framework.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensuring information security performance is monitored on an ongoing basis
- Assisting in the assessment and analysis on the bank's information security controls
- Assessing the efficiency, relevance, and integrity of collected data
- Works with security officers and staff to help identify control deficiencies by analyzing and identifying underlying root causes
- Designing, implementing, and collaborating on a range of information security metrics and performance reports
- Assisting stakeholders in identifying, initiating, and tracking corrective actions to address anomalies
- Overseeing monitoring systems and programs used to detect and report security violations
- Maintaining familiarity with industry trends and security best practices
- Contributing to the teams continuous improvement efforts
- Oversee and monitor risk mitigation and coordination of policies, standards and controls with the Security Operations Manager
- Perform data security event correlation between various systems
- Supports the vulnerability life cycle management
- Provide incident response functions when appropriate and coordinate activities with other information technology and security teams
- Assist with the evaluation of new information security technologies with recommendations to management on the different products
- Review alerts and data collected from data security systems on a daily basis and report findings
- Contribute to the development of information security policies and procedures designed to meet the changing needs of the business
- Prepare documentation to support the operationalization and operation of security monitoring tools and systems
- Performs special projects as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of the regulatory environment including FFIEC, OCC, Federal Reserve, FINRA, CFTC, PCI, Red Flags; and, information security frameworks i.e. NIST, ITIL, FIPS, FISMA, ISO, and Cobit.
- Knowledge of design, implementation, and maintenance of: security incident and event management (SIEM), local area networks and firewalls, Active Directory, group policy objects, scripting, vulnerability scanning, encryption, IDS/IPS, web filtering, LDAP, multi-factor authentication systems, exploits and hacker techniques, and, network and operating system security principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Foster/promote a professional image
- Works well independently or on multiple projects as a project team member
- Privilege Access Management systems
- Security Incident and Event Management systems
- Identity and Access Management solutions
- Log monitoring software
- Vulnerability Management tools
- Database vulnerability and monitoring tools
- VMware (virtual machine software)
- Firewall, Encryption software, Anti-malware and anti-virus detection software, VPN Technologies
- Event Collection software, Event Correlation software,
- IIS, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, POP3, DNS, FTP
- Snort, Nmap, Snoop, Tcpdump, Wireshark, Arcsight, Cyberark, Qualys, RDD, NAC, IDS/IPS and anomaly detection systems
- Bachelors or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years in a technology related field, with a minimum of 5 years in information security specific experience. Financial industry experience is required
- Working knowledge of Information Security tools, practices, policies and processes in a multi-vendor environment with an emphasis on risk analysis, risk assessment and risk management
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional or CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (or within 12 months of hire).