VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications, including software infrastructure and development tools for current systems and applications. Also, coordinates work teams. Provides technical support to project team members. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Is a thought leader in the Frontend technologies and patterns
• Contributes to cultivation of good engineering culture and practices
• Elevates fellow developers by providing friendly mentorship, guidance, and training in all project activities
• Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation.
• Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing complex interface solutions that reflect the creative direction and enterprise strategy for UI technology.
• Participates in scoping, planning and design work including documenting workflows and creating wireframes and iterative prototypes.
• Advocates high-quality engineering, and collaborates with Product and QA to improve on development process
• Responsible for creation of all Frontend deliverables including code, comments, documentation, and media assets.
• Responsible for mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities.
• Able to shift between a creative and a technical focus depending on the project need and/or the type of project.
• Identifies new opportunities, develops innovate and experimental solutions.
• Participates in cross-team initiatives like team experimental pilots and hacker sessions.
• Write technical documentation, white papers, presentations, contributes to determining internal processes.
• Self-motivated to learn new technologies, participates in team training activities.
• Assist in recruiting and vetting of new Frontend candidates
• Able to handle the challenges in creating and maintaining complex relationships in a large collaborative environment
• Demonstrates ability to accurately estimate and scope development work.
• Excellent written & oral communication as well as presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel
• Working knowledge of modern web application development including CSS3, HTML5 - Responsive / Adaptive Design preferred.
• Experience with collaborative developments tools and process like: source repositories (Git, SVN, etc); JIRA (project management), Confluence (wiki)
• Experience with modern client-side and server-side templating technologies
• Experience with NodeJS and NPM build and deployment toolchains (jshint, grunt, gulp, webpack, bower, etc)
• Experience with jQuery and jQuery derivatives (jQuery UI, Bootstrap etc)
• Solid understanding of general computer science concepts like data structures and algorithms
• Experience with SVG rendering and Data Visualization with libraries like d3
• Experience with transpiling tools and patterns (webpack, babel, jsx, typescript)