VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior SQL Server DBA with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, performance, and integrity of the company database. Mentor and act as the “go to person” for other Database Administrators.
- Assist data modeling to design and implement data structures which meet the business requirement for timely, accurate data
- Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
- Resolve database performance issues, capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
- Determine user requirements, set up and test computer databases, and coordinate changes
- Interact with development and end-user personnel to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Work with application teams and database architects to build database objects to support business initiatives.
- Support the technical infrastructure of non-production environments.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience.
- Production support of a large footprint of high OLTP SQL Servers in corporate environments with sensitive data requirements
- SQL Server AlwaysOn design, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Providing guidance on database HA designs / comfortable recommending one HA or design solution over another
- Query Analysis and Tuning
- Troubleshooting database performance issues
- Database backup and restore techniques
- Database corruption resolution and recovery techniques
- Database migration and version upgrade techniques
- Technical documentation: creating and maintaining
- Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Transactional Replication and associated maintenance techniques for replicated databases.
- PowerShell or another scripting language
- Support of SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Must be a US Citizen - this position will require clearance of the National Agency Check (NAC) 3 years experience as a dedicated SQL Server DBA, 7 years if no bachelor's degree.
• Production support of a large footprint of high OLTP SQL Servers in corporate environments with sensitive data requirements
• SQL Server AlwaysOn design, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Providing guidance on database HA designs / comfortable recommending one HA or design solution over another