VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior System Engineer (Security) with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Position Purpose: Provide technical support for the company Server environment and associated applications
- Provide technical support for the company Server environment and associated applications
- Perform daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the server environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
- Responsible for maintenance of the operating systems on all Corporate servers, end user support, monitoring system usage and performance, patching, management of backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, process automation, server installation/configuration, and third-party application support including installations and configurations
- Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs
- Review operational and organizational changes, assess how these changes will affect the server environment and incorporate the changes into the system architecture, as needed
- Coordinate, test, and implement all enhancements or new releases of the Operating Systems and business critical software
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Hands-on experience with firewalls and a strong technical foundation of firewall configuration and change management.
- Experience securing Microsoft environments in production environments is required, including Active Directory and SQL Server.
- Understanding of patch management processes for Windows, UNIX and Linux environments. Vulnerability scanning experience; familiarity with standard security tools. Knowledge of operating systems internals, communication (and networking) protocols (TCP/IP, AFP, NFS, HTTP, FTP) and system utilities.
- Systems security experience including scanning, hardening, data loss prevention, IT Infrastructure regulatory reporting tools, and configuring systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux).
- Cisco router experience to ensure security is maintained around routers and switches.
- HIPAA, SOX, SAS-70 knowledge preferred.
License/Certification: Systems Security or Administration certifications a plus.