VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior VP – Banking Operations with one of our premier clients.
This candidate will oversee the effective delivery of operational capabilities and customer service to clients across the rural line of business in North America with specific responsibility for managing Loan Operations functions initially including Loan Servicing & Customer Connect (Call Center). Future management responsibilities will ultimately include the Documentation Risk Control Team, including CRT Support (the “DRC Roles”) and a centralized client onboarding function. The DRC roles will transition over to the SVP Rural Operations at an agreed upon time with the legal department; however, legal will work with the SVP Rural Operations to seek input where appropriate on the DRC Roles until the transition of such roles. The scope of rural client onboarding is to be determined & dependent upon implementation of a global rural client onboarding target operating model or agreement between U.S. heads of Compliance, Rural, & Operations.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop short, medium and long term Operations strategies in-line with global and local requirements and execute on the agreed strategies to support the objectives of the Rural businesses including achieving the requirements of Rural Vision 2025
- Partner with the rural leadership team to support their strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations including BSA/AML & Flood, global and local internal policies and procedures, and laws & regulations regarding collateral perfection & monitoring.
- Manage key controls designed to ensure loan documentation is properly drafted and executed, with a strong emphasis on attachment, perfection, and priority of security interests
- Develop KPIs for the Operations team focused on delivering operational quality & key business objectives.
- Develop and enhance management and leadership skills within the team.
- Build strong & collaborative relationships with global and local stakeholders to ensure trusting working relationships to facilitate the sharing of ideas and ensure appropriate support to business functions.
- Attend and actively participate in global, regional and local meetings / conferences as required.
- Establish, maintain and improve existing processes, policies, procedures, templates and documents and develop new as necessary.
- Establish, maintain and improve processes working with the LEAN / Six Sigma team to continually improve processes and drive efficiencies and report on the ROI of these efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the Operations budget and provide resources for projects as required.
- Lead Operations management team in maintaining and improving controls to ensure a high level of processing accuracy and manage risks to the established Risk Appetite.
- Manage the Business Continuity Requirements for Operations
- Ensure that all Compliance, Audit, In Control, & SOX requirements & operating principles are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that local Risk Management requirements / reporting is adhered to at all times.
- Develop and monitor “Key Controls” reports so that key operational requirements, risks and controls are effectively identified, monitored and reported on to all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain close working arrangement with Legal Department on Documentation Risk Control Matters which are delegated from Legal to Documentation Risk Control Matters Department.
- Understands and analyzes perfection issues related to securing real and personal property collateral according to state statutes and understands how to maintain perfection of collateral including as it relates to renewals, extensions, modifications, amendments, and continuations.
- Other duties as directed
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional people leadership skills with experience leading teams high performing teams
- Experience building and motivating customer focused teams
- 10-15 years of experience in banking and finance – with an Operations focus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in senior management positions
- Strong understanding of financial accounting / budgeting principles
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship management skills, with an ability to interact and influence at all functions and levels
- Thorough understanding & experience of laws, regulations, & risk management within the financial services industry including related regulatory standards (U.S. & European financial services) and secured lending.
- An understanding of Change Management and capability to lead organizations through change
- A good understanding of how to leverage Information Technology to meet tactical and strategic objectives.
- Must display technical understanding of, UCC ART. 9, mortgages; deed of trusts; title policies and title endorsements; a good understanding of the varied aspects of short-term agricultural credit and general agricultural background or experience in related area.
- International Experience
- Experience in large change initiatives
- Prince2 experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics or Finance
- 15+ years of experience
- Post Graduate Degree
- Professional Qualification
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.