VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Service Desk Analyst with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Responsible for answering, commenting and replying to Service Desk inquiries. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing IT support to our internal customers. Ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority and forward tickets to engineers and techs. Strong aptitude in O.S. repairs, spyware/virus identification and removal, hardware and software troubleshooting. Assist support staff with field work as needed. Work requires ability to read, create, and comprehend knowledge articles and standard operating procedures. This position reports to the Service Desk Supervisor. This position involves additional support requirements such as 24 hour rotated on-call coverage for after-hours support. Although travel is usually planned in advance- issues can arise which could warrant immediate travel to one or more satellite locations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide outstanding technical system and user support by responding to calls, email, and other requests for technical support
- Ability to identify and organize tickets as well as monitor and respond quickly and effectively
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue
- Appropriately use diagnostic utilities, knowledge base, and internet resources when required to aid in troubleshooting
- Deploy software to client devices using enterprise deployment tools
- Remotely install printers
- Utilize and maintain the Service Desk tracking software (Cherwell) to create and document tickets
- Maintain Knowledge Base (Cherwell) including article submission, review, and retirement
- Monitor alerts and, as necessary, coordinate further action
- Escalate problems as required to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams
- Familiarity with Security Request processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of processes and procedures necessary to grant access to enterprise services and resources.
- Manage Distribution Lists throughout the enterprise
- Ability to identify recurring incidents through regular data review in order escalate as necessary and establish root cause, ensuring it is addressed to mitigate existing impact and eliminate future occurrences
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions
- Assist in the setup of computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones and applications
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Interactions With Others - Must be a team player who interacts well with members of the executive team, finance team, corporate office and other associates. Must seek out and share information and develop trust and rapport with coworkers at all levels in the organization. Must be willing to work as an equal team member.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with IT peers and business users to resolve issues. Must possess excellent collaboration skills. Ability to actively listen and contribute in team meetings and service enhancement meetings. Ability to receive constructive feedback and apply appropriately in order to enhance the delivery of service to customers.
- Judgment - Displays empowered and critical thinking skills to make logical and educated decisions. Must exhibit sound and accurate judgment, ability to establish supporting methodology and explains reasoning for decisions. Ability to collaborate with appropriate people in decision-making process and make timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence to overcome obstacles. Measure self against standard of excellence. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals. Exhibits dedication to delivering outstanding service to the customer.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and requests clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings; Respectful in all forms of communication.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Provides and welcomes constructive feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly, professionally and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs. Ability to create and present numerical data effectively. Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Working Relationships - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate's or Technical Degree, Computer Technology or 3 years equivalent experience.: Required
Computer Skills: 3+ years’ experience with PC and with hardware/software troubleshooting to the component level in a Windows 7 and Windows 8 environment. 3+ years of direct or indirect problem determination and resolution. Must be self-motivated, team oriented and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Other Requirements: Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, be detail oriented, and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to problem solve. Strong sense of urgency and strong commitment to quality customer service is required.
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Touch
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection as required while on site.