VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a SQL Developer & DBA with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
This position is responsible for developing upon and supporting the SQL Server databases and reporting infrastructure to ensure their performance, availability and security.
- Assist development teams in the build out of schema and database technologies
- Ensure use of best practices for data-driven applications within development teams
- Review and optimize application data access strategies
- Enforce database quality standards within the code base
- Build out and maintain reporting services and integration services applications
- Support transactional and analytical database efforts in support of the business needs
- Respond to data inquiries from stake holders and the business team
- Mentor developers and product owners on OLTP database patterns
- Support architecture team in long-term planning and implementation
- Support after-hours and on-call duties as required
- Responsible for backup and recovery of databases, database migrations, SQL Server patching, upgrades and other operational tasks.
- Support operations and assist with troubleshooting activities as needed
- Continue to develop your skills in database optimization, reporting, data analysis, and other database duties as a member of an agile software team
- 5+ years’ experience as a SQL Server developer
- Recent experience working with SQL Server 2008+ supporting OLTP and ETL workloads
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, SSRS
- Knowledge of SSIS
- High level of proficiency in database design fundamentals
- Experience with PowerBI stack a plus • Working knowledge and experience developing and deploying SSRS reports
- Experienced with source control applications (SVN, TFS, GIT, etc.)
- Knowledge of C# and .Net web technologies a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015
- Exposure to Azure cloud technologies a plus
- Exposure to non-Microsoft DB technologies a plus (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)