VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Sr Analyst, Data Analytics with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
This position sits in the finance dept.
- Identify, extract, clean, transform, validate and model data across multiple domains using various technologies and languages (SQL, Hive, Pig, etc)
- Utilize new and advanced methods to extract, transform and load data
- Build requirements for, develop and enhance automated processes that provide functional areas with data and information
- Analyze the effectiveness of programs, summarize and present data to enhance future efforts using appropriate statistical methods.
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvement to processes and controls related to area responsibilities while quantifying the impact of changes for leaders.
- Develop business relationships and partnerships with cross-functional targeted business owners and senior leaders across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide business objectives; occasionally lead cross-functional teams responsible for divisional objectives while following an analytics development lifecycle
- Educate other team members, associates and leaders across the firm on data and statistical concepts and best practices
- Communicate across a wide range of audiences with specialized subject matter expertise including compliance, marketing, products, branch development, and technology.
- Utilize a strong understanding of the company Solutions-Based Approach to investing that includes client needs, client goals, and tailored solutions
- Train and mentor lower level analysts to follow appropriate procedures and understand the best practices for interacting with the information system
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in the areas of mathematics, finance, business, engineering or information systems. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5 years business experience in marketing, finance, data analytics, or information systems fields preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects and adjust to changing priorities with minimal leader required
- Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using various tools
- Moderate analysis skills, primarily investigating and explaining trends and variances using statistical techniques required
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment required
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates and leadership in cross-functional settings using verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Moderate understanding of the firm and how data impacts decision making in each functional area supported required
- Ability to execute pre-existing project plans and possesses basic project management skill.
- Strong analytical, critical, and systems thinking required
Technical proficiency preferred in the following:
- An advanced ability to interact with various database and file storage systems (DB2, IDMS, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Data manipulation languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, XML
- Statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, or Jump
- Microsoft Excel - experience using pivot tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs
- Business Intelligence such as Hyperion, OBIEE, or IBI WebFOCUS, Sharepoint
- Visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, or birst