VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Network Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated IT Senior Network Engineer who is responsible for design, installation, maintenance, and problem resolution related to the WAN and LAN network. This position reports to the Network Supervisor and is responsible for peer reviewing and approving all network related changes. This position involves additional support requirements such as 24hour beeper coverage for End User Support issues. Although such travel is usually planned in advance issues can arise which could warrant immediate travel to one or more satellite locations.
JOB TITLE: Senior Network Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, upgrade, and maintain Network Monitoring tools & applications
- Establish and manage vendor relationships, including telecommunications
- New hardware installations, software installations, and upgrades on WAN and LANs; including but not limited to Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, IP Addressing, VPN, RAS, Source Fire, Distributed Switching
- Development and documentation of best practices on related technical matters, including network documentation
- Network hardware and application standards
- Develop and deploy external customer access to necessary information resources; including but not limited to web hosting, extranet, remote access, etc.
- Network Equipment ordering, tracking, and troubleshooting
- Network solution research, testing, and implementation
- Develop, deploy, and test network disaster recovery plans
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Qualified Candidates Will Possess one of the Following:
- 10+ years of network engineering, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of local and wide area networks.
- 5+ years designing and configuring Source Fire, ASA Firewalls, ISR Routers
- 1+ years designing and configuring ACI
- 3+ years working with network overlay technology
- 3+ years working with distributed switching in VmWare
- 2+ years of networking in a Cloud environment
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems.
- Ability to provide troubleshooting of all networking technologies, LAN, WAN and Wireless.
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment providing 24x7x365 support while maintaining global service level agreements.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
Ability to interact at a high level of professionalism with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Ability to work simultaneously on various projects.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors, customers and industry profession.
Located in Chesterfield, Missouri