VantageLinks is dedicated to Information Technology (IT) staffing through direct placements, contract-to-hire, and contract services. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Oracle DBA with one of our premier clients.
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Oracle and MySQL databases in compliance with application specifications and company policies, standards and procedures. Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs installations and configurations of Oracle grid infrastructure, databases, clients etc.
- Designs and maintains access and security administration.
- Designs, implements and maintains backup and recovery strategies on Database Management Systems.
- Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Designs, installs, configures and maintains Oracle High Availability (RAC, RAC One Node, Data Guard etc.) Databases and MySQL databases.
- Expertise in setup using OEM as a monitoring and diagnostics tool and identifies/resolves the performance issues.
- Troubleshoots alerts (alert log, Jobs, Disk Group, Tablespace etc.) and performance issues.
- Performs capacity planning of Oracle server environment and provides recommendations to management to sustain business growth.
- Designs, implements, maintains Disaster Recovery (DR) methodologies and creates documentation.
- Gathers business requirements and designs, implements multiple projects along with the production support.
- Creates standard operational procedures and templates.
- Acts as mentor for Database Administrators and Associate Database Administrators.
- Performs research and provides plans to remediate complex business problems.
- Install, configure and support Oracle Golden Gate replication.
- Assists the development teams to improve database design and procedures on PL/SQL best practices etc.
- Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong knowledge of database architecture and its implementation
- Strong understanding of best practices in maintaining medium to large scale Oracle database systems
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL programming language
- Strong understanding of Change Management procedures
- Strong knowledge of Instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/application
- Strong understanding of SAN technologies related to SQL server disk layouts
- Strong knowledge of Windows/Linux/Solaris operating systems and shell scripting
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
6 to 9 years of experience working with Oracle and various database management systems in testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment
24x7 on-call support
We are unable to accept H1B candidates and, please no staffing agencies.