VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Oracle DBA with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Support database and application activities in managing and maintaining multiple Oracle RDBMS environment instances in support of Client operations, maintenance, and deployment with the flexibility to add additional instances based on capacity planning requirements. Ensure production uptime service levels are maintained and made available per requirements that include backup, recovery, refresh, performance tuning, and security (physical and data).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and support all production, development and testing instances of Oracle 188.8.131.52 and 12c and E-Business Suite 12.1.3 on Solaris operating system
- Manage and support data warehouse production and development instances of Oracle 184.108.40.206 on Solaris operating system
- Monitor database and applications in a 24x7 international production environment
- Administration of E-Business Suite which includes monitoring Concurrent Managers, creating users, responsibilities, and menus, registering forms and functions, maintain Flexfields and administration of Workflow
- Act as functional resource for the following modules; General Ledger, Receivables, Payables, purchasing, iProcurement, Inventory, Work in Process, Bill of Materials, Order Management & CRM
- Perform maintenance activities such as cloning, patching, and upgrading the database and applications
- Support backup and recovery of Oracle databases using RMAN & Netbackup
- Monitor database performance and tune database configuration for optimal performance
- Work with development team on best practices and optimal SQL and PL/SQL coding
- Management of Application environments
- Code deployment to production, development, and test environments
- Startup, shutdown and monitoring of Application Services.
- Research, test and install Application Patches.
- Planning, setup, installation and monitoring of Concurrent Manager
- Management of Oracle Service Requests
- Administration of the functionality of the E-business suite
- Support for all customizations, extensions, modifications, localizations and integrations.
- Upgrade and migration of Oracle 11i software, as updates are available
- Working knowledge of Oracle 11g and 12c database environment
- Working knowledge of Solaris/Unix operating system
- Maintenance of Database integrity
- Enforcement of Quality Control and Database standards in the development of applications
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle Applications release 12.1.3.
- Familiarity with navigating through online documentation
- Proficiency with Application and database tuning of Oracle R12 eBusiness Suite
- Ability to configure and administer Concurrent Managers.
- Communicates with managerial, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, data flows and systems definitions
- Establishes and control and security check systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate disaster recovery action after systems failures
- Provides day-to-day advice on the use of the application.
- Develops policies and procedures related to the support and maintenance of the Oracle 11i application, as built.
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, database tuning
- Ability to work with existing staff, consultants, vendors and clients in an effective manner
- Knowledge of project management skills to manage system implementation, upgrades and maintenance
- Provides input for strategic planning
- Automation & Scripting to optimize processes
- Oracle Database and Applications security
- Patching and Upgrading Oracle Applications
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle Database and Applications
- Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, XML is a plus
- Proficiency in backup and recovery procedures using RMAN & NetBackup
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to a business audience
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with Oracle version 11g & 12c.
- 10+ years of experience in Sr. Oracle APPS DBA role / Oracle Apps DBA experience on SUN Unix Environment
- 4-5 years of proven experience in complex ERP environments with EBS R12
- 2-3 years of DB Performance and tuning experience
- 5 years of experience with Oracle Applications technology stack, including architecture, installation, configuration, maintenance, cloning and patching procedures
- 5 years of experience with authoring and maintaining UNIX shell scripts
- Prior experience performing capacity planning/disaster recovery, environment refresh and cloning of production and pre-production environments
- Experience with Oracle Discoverer and OBIEE is a plus
Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering or related field