VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Sr Risk Associate with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Sr Risk Associate
Finance - Risk Management
The Sr. Risk Associate is responsible to assist the division to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the operational, strategic, financial, and other risk of the division. Executes the risk management program, which includes assisting in performing and facilitating risk assessments, connecting the risks across reporting responsibility and assisting the divisional Sr. Risk Managers and Sr. Leader in prioritizing risk mitigation efforts.
This position will also be working in partnership with many stakeholders including division's leaders and risk representatives from other divisions within the organization.
- Act as an advisor for leaders and associates by assisting in facilitating the risk assessment process of high risk areas and processes to ensure the significant risks within the process are addressed
- Understand how the magnitude of certain risk indicators may change as they cut across reporting responsibilities and provide specialist risk management capabilities which have a significant impact on the firm's strategy
- Consolidates and reports risk assessment information across areas to allow business and senior leaders to effectively manage the firm/division's risk level
- Advise and assist business process owners on performing root cause analysis and the development of controls to effectively mitigate the identified control gaps
- Prepare risk documentation to assists leaders and other stakeholders in implementing controls to address identified risks on both short-term and long-term
- Execute on various required control testing within the department
- Assist in monitoring the Firm's execution of certain required control sets
- Assist Sr. Risk Managers develop a centralized control repository
- Bachelor's degree (business, finance or accounting preferred)
- Proficiency in Mircosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, as well as other software programs and databases.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, or FRM preferred
- 2+ years public accounting preferred; or internal audit, risk management, or internal control experience with knowledge of process analysis and control design techniques required
- Ability to identify, prioritize, monitor, communicate, and/or resolve issues
- Ability to work closely with other individuals at all level within the division and throughout the firm
- Ability to facilate risk discussions with various stakeholders within the organization
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; effectively communicates with leaders and associates within and across divisions
- Demonstrates ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment by incorporating effective listening and collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of management, including senior management
- Strong time management and organizational skills required