VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Service Desk Analyst with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Sr. Service Desk Analyst is responsible for operationalizing workflows transitioning from the business community, IS&D and the core IT Infrastructure teams to the Service Desk team as well as processing user provisioning and termination requests
This position serves as an escalation path for Tier 1 Service Desk team members, providing assistance with day-to-day end-user support function, to include intermediate trouble shooting of desktops/laptops, network, remote connectivity, and software issues. Must be able to provide support for End-User connectivity via LAN/WAN, Citrix/VPN, email, and Internet, supporting both local and remote users and have the ability to provide outstanding customer service both over the phone and at the deskside.
The Sr. Service Desk Analyst will also take a role in mentoring less experienced Service Desk team members in interacting with the company user community, and provides guidance regarding the appropriate escalation path for the company internal ticketing system
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Serve as first line support and escalation point for more complex issues and requests.
- Ability to solve urgent matters and work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to provide technical support over the phone; professional phone skills and demeanor required.
- Ability to follow procedures and documentation in incident resolution or request fulfillment.
- Must be able to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Responsibility and accuracy in the completion of all received tasks.
- Performs deskside support as necessary.
- Recognizes patterns and proposes solutions to prevent recurrence and improve efficiencies.
- Occasional travel to remote offices.
- Works with managers and technical resources to ensure continual activity and root cause analysis on open problems.
- Ability to quickly identify cause of incidents and provide resolution or determine escalation point.
- Participates in or leads service desk related projects as assigned.
- Serves as backup to Service Desk Manager when needed, ensuring tickets queues are properly managed. Will assist in periodic reports as needed.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of all incidents and requests utilizing the ITSM tool. Follow-up to ensure incidents are resolved, and all work undertaken is clearly and concisely documented and records reflect proper resolution.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Demonstrates ability to grasp and use new technology concepts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all company anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (2013/2016).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of Windows networking and telecommunications, to include SMTP, TCP/IP, DNS, and VPN.
- General knowledge of PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- General knowledge of SCCM, anti-virus and remote connectivity.
- General understanding of the procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals.
- General knowledge of techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standards may exist and critical thinking is needed for effective resolutions.
- Ability to work in a “team” environment; friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Basic knowledge of Citrix.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 0-2 years of experience OR an Associate’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience in computer science, information technology, or a related field and two years of general computer installation, maintenance, and repair experience.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- CompTIA A+ certification
- HDI Support Center Analyst Certification
- HDI Support Center Team Lead Certification
- ITIL Foundations certification