VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Sr. ServiceNow Developer -Senior Application Software Engineer (Intranet) with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The developer will build and manage solutions in ServiceNow. The ideal candidate will understand ITIL / ITSM processes and fundamentals. They will operate in an Agile approach to understand requirements, design technical solutions, build, test and deploy new solutions and capabilities. This person will need to partner closely with business analysts, stakeholders and other technology partners.
- Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of ServiceNow solutions
- Design and develop solutions using ServiceNow capabilities for core ITIL processes and custom internal solutions
- Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
- Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for success of the project
- Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development on of ServiceNow and for operational support of the ServiceNow solutions
- Create and manage scripts and workflow.
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations and understands technical and functional capabilities
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs – all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system
- Familiarity with JS libraries like JQuery and Angular
- System integration experience using web services and other web based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Customizing ServiceNow using UI Pages, UI Macro & CMS using CSS, HTML, Jelly.
- Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications
- Exposure to ServiceNow platform capabilities and tools like Discovery and Orchestration and other applications like ServiceWatch, GRC etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, and IP networks
- Custom UI Changes with usage of Web Technologies such as DOM, HTML changes.
- Experience with ServiceNow's ServiceWatch and/or Discovery tools
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL or CMDB
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
- Strong communication, Strong presentation and writing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
- Experience presenting and conducting demo reviews with client stakeholders
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
What are the nice-to-have skills?