VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a SSRS Report Writer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The purpose of the job is to create, test, and modify reporting tools that present information drawn from one of the designated company data repositories; the goal is to provide or improve insight into company operations for the target end-user or audience. These reporting solutions may take the form of standard operational reports, Excel spreadsheets linked to the data source, charts, graphs, web parts, etc.
- Confirm, clarify the system requirements of the proposed reporting solution.
- Determine if all the necessary data is present in the company reporting databases, and work with other members of the IT department if there is data missing.
- Develop and test reporting solutions using an appropriate combination of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, T-SQL, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Perform peer reviews of teammates reporting solutions, ensuring departmental guidelines are met and that no defects are present.
- Works with end-users on best way to improve insight or efficiency in a given business area through reporting solution(s). Applies experience with tools and company data sources along with creativity to craft adequate solution that can be constructed in practical manner and appropriate timeframe.
- Troubleshoots existing reporting solutions when users report problems in content or general behavior.
- Determines best technical approach to solving a given reporting problem or request, balancing delivery time, features, and system performance all withing the boundaries of departmental guidelines and standards.
- Provides estimates for tasks as requested by team leader, such that work can be prioritized and properly assigned.
- Knowledge or Information Required for Completely Satisfactory Performance
- Exceptional technical capabilities with T-SQL, Microsoft Reporting Services, and Excel.
- Familiarity with OLAP technologies and tools that interface with OLAP cubes, such as Excel.
- Thorough understanding of the structure of company enterprise databases.
- Ability to provide and receive technical feedback as part of peer review process.
- Detail oriented, able to fully develop solutions with attention to detail and quality that minimizes the amount of testing and defect resolution involved.
- 4 year degree
Minimum Years of Experience
- 3-5 years exp.
- Discussion of technical issues with colleagues.
- Discussion of technical issues with supervisor.
- Presentation of new or revised software product features to end-users.
- Explanation of software product features to end-users needing support.