VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a System Administrator with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Advance the IT infrastructure that includes 200+ virtual servers, 900+ desktops, Cisco switches/routers, various web platforms and over 500 users.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish and manage the technology infrastructure that supports business operations (hardware, networks, operating systems, systems middleware and telecommunications)
• Proactively identify and correct network and software related security vulnerabilities. Make recommendations for improving network and information security
• Manage VMware environment. Tasks include creating new virtual machines, upgrading VMware software, troubleshooting VMware infrastructure and closely monitoring resource usage
• Understand business requirements and effectively design, communicate and deliver technical solutions to both technical and business audiences.
• Assist with maintaining hardware, software, and system contracts for all of company’s IT assets
• Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a superb work ethic with a high level of integrity to all user levels of the organization
• Patch systems to improve and maintain security posture
• Utilize vulnerability assessment software to identify and mitigate security issues
• Monitor infrastructure systems for issues and work to quickly resolve
• Provide afterhours support as required
• Strong sense of urgency to resolve critical incidents
• Perform daily monitoring to ensure the availability and integrity of key infrastructure resources
• Install new servers and configure in accordance with project/operational requirements
• Occasional travel to branch locations may be required
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL REQUIRED:
B.S. degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 3+ years of experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on IT Infrastructure
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 through 2012 R2
• Solid grasp of MS Active Directory and Group Policy in a multi-domain, geographically separated environment
• 2+ years of experience with designing, configuring, installing, maintaining, and tuning components associated with the LAN/WAN infrastructure comprised Cisco equipment
• Solid TCP/IP network knowledge and troubleshooting skills, with an understanding of DHCP, WINS, and DNS network services
• Strong experience with VMware vSphere 5.5 and up including installing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of VMware backup concepts and best practices. Preferably experienced using Veeam Backup and Replication software.
• Experience working with SAN storage for virtual infrastructure including knowledge of iSCSI
• Possess a very strong troubleshooting methodology to tackle issues efficiently
• Self-starting and self-sufficient to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
• Experience configuring/maintaining XenDesktop and XenApp environments
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server administration
• Understanding of SAN and storage architecture
• Knowledge of wireless networking including troubleshooting and best practices
• Experience with various cloud offerings including MS Azure and Office 365
• Understanding of load balancing technologies and concepts
• Experience with MS PKI
• Hands-on experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and Cisco Switches/Routers
• Professional experience with automation/scripting using PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, cooperative teamwork skills, excellent problem solving ability and a high degree of flexibility. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to identify, prioritize and resolve tasks. Comfortable in fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.