VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Tax Accountant with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing a portfolio of externally prepared federal and state partnership returns. Prepares periodic reports and reconciliations to support the preparation of the consolidated federal tax return, estimated tax payments, and tax provision calculations.
1. Prepares periodic reports and reconciliations to support the preparation of the consolidated federal tax return, estimated tax payments, and tax provision calculations.
2. Reviews and analyzes a portfolio of externally prepared federal and state partnership returns and supporting schedules, ensuring completeness and accuracy
3. Investigates and analyzes material differences between projected tax credits and losses and actual amounts per the tax returns
4. Understands and applies partnership tax principles and concepts to various tax credit investment structures
5. Assists with the ongoing development of our internal database, including designing, testing, and implementing various reports and logic changes
6. Responds to inquiries regarding tax accounting policies, tax consequences of various transactions, procedures and other requests from internal departments, general partners and CPA firms
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, with an emphasis in Tax preferred
- Three or more years of experience in federal and state corporate and partnership taxation
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Tax accounting and provision experience
- State tax compliance and apportionment experience
- Ability to prioritize projects, plan workflow and work independently with minimal supervision
- Capacity to identify process inefficiencies and implement process improvements
- Excellent tax accounting, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
- Proven track record of maintaining effective working relationships in a team-oriented environment
- Advanced excel skills
- CPA and/or masters preferred