VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Technical Operations Specialist - Tier II with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Technical Operations Specialist – Tier II (TOS-II) is the second tier, advanced level of technical support of the Company’s multiple software product lines. The TECHNICAL SPECIALIST position is primarily responsible for resolution of complex, elevated technical client issues after the ticket has been escalated from Tier I. The TECHNICAL SPECIALIST shall also be responsible for completing operational and data mining reports design including development of reports for Client proprietary software products. The delivered reports are driven by the requirements of the client.
This position is the last point of escalation before the issue is escalated to Product Development for bug confirmation. The position will conduct investigations to diagnose and resolve complex client issues utilizing the TOS-II’s technical computer, software, diagnostic tools and product knowledge, as well as, the documentation provided by Client Services and Technical Services in the Company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program. All troubleshooting steps and information gathered will be precisely documented using the CRM program.
The position requires the TECHNICAL SPECIALIST to directly contact client personnel and to travel to client sites to discuss report requirements, symptoms, hardware configuration, network, joint troubleshooting steps, etc. The TECHNICAL SPECIALIST will strictly adhere to the Company’s positioning statements regarding product functionality, features, and benefits. All client contact and CRM documentation will be handled with a positive, flexible, professional problem solving attitude.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Principle duties and responsibilities of the TECHNICAL SPECIALIST position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform assigned SQL reports design, engineering and development efforts required to deliver required or requested reports on time and with highest quality
• Provide SQL diagnostics and troubleshooting including advanced data mining assistance for internal and client related requests or issues
• Review and translation of SQL database information, internal application error logs, IIS and OS logs, and Windows Event Viewer logs
• Provide installation, maintenance, and support of web-based software programs for multiple software product lines
• Perform advanced troubleshooting and resolution for client troubles escalated from Client Services
• Complete file transfers, database backups, database restoration and validation
• Perform upgrades, software conversions, server updates and package installations including implementation and interface assistance
• Complete operational performance monitoring and maintenance for all product and service related platforms
• Availability via cell phone when not working in the office
• Perform such other duties as reasonably directed by the Client Information Systems Manager, Director, Operations and Project Management Office, or a Corporate Officer of Client
• Minimum of 5 years of third level technical support experience dealing with and resolving complex database issues through queries, assessing and modifying stored procedures, database troubleshooting procedures and database performance maintenance.
o Extensive knowledge of SQL 2008 R2 and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is required. Knowledge in SQL 2012 and/or SQL 2014 is a plus.
o Technical understanding of SSRS report server configuration is also required
• At least 5 years professional experience with direct client contact
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a Systems Administration, DBA or application level Technical Support position
• At least 5 years of web-based applications and services with technical support experience, primarily in understanding IIS configuration and troubleshooting
• Minimum of 5 years of networking experience, primarily in understanding how to troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity and performance issue preferred
o Understanding of TCP/IP protocols, SMTP, DNS, HTTP, etc.
o Understanding of WAN, LAN, networking, switch environments, DHCP, NAT, and firewall applications
• Strong server, database, networking and desktop computer skills including working knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems, network, computer hardware, applications, web-based software programs, and peripherals
• Experience in MS Office and a general use of CRM program software
• Knowledge of Remote Desktop, DameWare, pcAnywhere, and/or other VPN software
Other Skills & Requirements:
• Ability to work as an unbiased, collaborative team member in an ever changing environment
• Extremely strong diagnostic and discovery skills
• Understanding of Visual Basic (VB) terminology
• Possesses motivation, a sense of urgency, and is results oriented to meet commitments
• Technical Project Manager and Business Analyst skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Necessary skills also includes:
o Critical Thinking and Problem Resolution — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
o Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate alternative
o Obtaining Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise finding information from all relevant sources
• Personal attributes include:
o Dependability — Reliable, responsible, and dependable at fulfilling obligations
o Attention to Detail — Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
o Cooperation — Pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
o Initiative — Willingness to actively take on responsibilities and challenges
o Leadership — Desire to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
o Analytical Thinking — Analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems
• A BS/BA or equivalent experience in Computer Science, IS/IT or equivalent experience is required for this position.
• SQL 2008 R2, SQL 2012 R2, SQL 2014 R2 and SQL Server Reporting (SSRS) certifications are preferred
• Network administration certification a plus
• A+ technical certification or equivalent is preferred
General Position Information:
• The TECHNICAL SPECIALIST is a full time, Exempt or salaried position
• Normal office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with the hours for this position determined by the needs of the Company
• The TECHNICAL SPECIALIST will participate, on a rotating basis, in the staffing of the company’s cell phone to provide client support on a 24/7/365 basis.
• Overtime and travel will be determined by the needs of the Company
• Work is primarily performed in the Company’s headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri in a standard office setting with no special working requirements