VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a VP, Engineering with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Company is looking for an amazing ‘hands-on’ technology leader who will lead the engineering team responsible for the technology stack, web app, platform services, and software infrastructure. The Vice President of Engineering will be responsible for providing strong technology leadership, presence and direction for the strategic initiatives within company.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable applications, a deep technical background, a passion for great software, strong organizational aptitude, excellent communication skills and a history of leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment with creativity and great analytical skills. He/she will have depth in on-premise applications but will also have significant experience with building and deploying SaaS solutions. A dedication to innovating how software is built and delivered with a solid understanding of the implications and intersections of SaaS, Cloud and DevOps will be an important characteristic.
In this role, you will have overall technical ownership of our software solutions, will collaborate with Product Management and be a key player in driving strategic technology planning and execution. You will also be responsible for identifying standards, platforms, frameworks, technology trends and potential partners that will contribute to our growth and success.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of Healthcare IT innovation at an established, financially profitable company with a startup attitude!
- 10+ years of experience with the successful delivery of commercial software products using Agile methodologies with a history on Microsoft .NET-based technology and cloud technologies such as
- Containers and Kubernetes on AWS and/or Azure.
- Continuous-improvement driven: familiar with DevOps, all phases of the software development lifecycle, and internal support and maintenance
- Experience with the Salesforce application development technology and ecosystem is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of integration/interoperability technologies, such as HL7 and SMART/FHIR
- 5+ years leading remote engineering teams and managers
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred
- Expertise with the end-to-end software stack (both On-premises and SaaS); integration, mobile, security and virtualization/SaaS/Cloud infrastructure
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong technical and analytical skillset; user-experience insight a plus
- Strong people skills and ability to lead through coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Demonstrated abilities as strategic thinker who envisions all aspects of software product delivery from design to testing to production and support
- Experience in the healthcare provider domain is a plus
- Ability to travel as needed is required
- Preferable for this individual to be based in one of the following cities: St. Louis, Nashville or Kansas City