VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Web Designer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Web Designer position will work as part of a team to design and develop websites for both our Corporate and divisional marketing teams. The person in this position will also provide support for the many existing company websites.
We are interested in full-time candidates that work well in a small team environment, have excellent communication skills with team members and internal customers of varying technical skill, as well as a strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment. We also look for candidates who are open to learning new skills and welcomes feedback and ideas as a necessary part of the process to deliver high-end products while having a great attitude!
- Be able to work alone or as part of a team on website initiatives
- Design high quality website mockups based on customer needs/desires and current web trends/usability standards
- Build websites within our support Content Management Systems based on mockups
- Support existing company websites through minor edits or new custom development
- Work effectively under deadlines and be able to manage multiple projects with evolving requirements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience designing and developing responsive websites
- Expert knowledge of web usability standards and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of SEO best practices
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of PHP a plus
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Experience with Sitefinity a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Able to effectively work within a collaborative team environment locally and globally