Published: October 22, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Product Development Requests
- Review, evaluate and categorize analytical data reporting requests related to management or client needs.
- Must be able to estimate and document actual effort for assigned requests.
- Work with the business teams to understand existing and future reporting needs.
- Design and architect Microsoft SQL Data Warehouse to accommodate reporting needs.
- Develop and support analysis cubes.
- Manage performance and integrity of on-premises Data Warehouse.
- Plan and implement data migration and integration between transactional systems, operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts, and external applications as needed.
- Plan, implement, and maintain a layered security model that supports self-service data access by the user community (both internal and external).
- Develop documentation for databases and data warehouses.
Support and Maintenance
- Work with the team to develop and document data governance policies.
- Participate in discipline related internal and external project communication and coordination.
- Assist with staff training as requested for new/changed products.
- Ensure product-training materials are designed, developed, documented, and delivered to the appropriate users.
- Work with training department and marketing team to ensure complete understanding of the product or service.
- Achieve and maintain a current working knowledge of Data Warehouse/Data Analytics trends and direction.
- Attend classes, seminars and conferences designed stay current with the industry best practices.
- Effectively interact with other staff and external parties for the purpose of gathering and providing information related to reporting development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database.
- Minimum of 3 years of work-related experience in data warehousing including ETL and cube development utilizing SSIS and SSAS.
- Microsoft MCSA in Database Development or BI Development preferred
- Experience with an enterprise reporting package such as SSRS or enterprise BI tool such as Tableau.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Data Services a plus.
- Experience with SAS is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.