Sr. Application Developer
Develops and implements application changes and is expected to stay abreast of the available technology regarding application development, information delivery, and relational database technology.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of department’s strategic business plans.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop releases.
- Basic knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with application development tools, including Visual Studio .NET.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with relational database technology, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment preferred.
- Proven experience in internet-based systems development.