The Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas. This position will join a high-performance department in a customer-focused organization.
- Review or prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Review or prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting package.
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
- Track, analyze, monitor and report financial information and trend by product line, business unit and customer.
- Prepare other reporting packages: (Audit Engagement Schedules; Tax; EU/Canadian filings/audits, where applicable).
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Review and research accounting and operational transaction work-flows for functionality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifying risks and opportunities for the Company based on financial analysis.
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with timely, accurate and relevant information for decision-making.
- Responsible for performing special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Cross-train in other functions to improve overall departmental performance.
- Supervise, coach, and develop a staff accountant.
- CPA, CGMA, or other advanced accounting qualifications (preferred)
- S. in Accounting
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Customer service first attitude
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance