Responsible for the development and deployment of technology to meet the needs and requirements of the utility division’s business and customers. Have a good understanding of company’s customers’ needs, both internal and external. Responsible for the development of any web and/or windows applications required by the utility division including both internal and/or client products.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of various aspects of utility division software projects.
- Develop and maintain modules within the applications based on technical designs and development standards.
- Coordinate the transition of customer business requirements and technical needs with other members of the IT and operations teams to ensure a timely and effective implementation of solutions.
- Review and test application functionality for adherence to industry and client defined standards.
- Be familiar with utility vendor billing standards and formats.
- Participate in brainstorming and discussion sessions to help operational teams better utilize technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Good verbal communication and telephone skills.
- Must have solid attention to detail.
- Ability to create and maintain organized documentation.
- Ability to function with many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team development environment.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training Normally Required
- Experience with a code repository system such as TFS or GIT.
- Familiar with Agile and have used a planning board such as Azure DevOps, JIRA, or similar.
- Experience with basic programming principals and patterns such as repository or factory.