This position works from one’s home office and can be located anywhere in the US except CA. This position requires up to 50% travel throughout the entire US and Canada. We are looking for candidates that have a BSEE.
It is preferred that candidates have experience with excitation systems or rotating equipment. Candidates must have experience with 3 phase power relating to the Power Generation Market.
Facilitate in the sales process by promoting the company’s products to potential and existing customers. Motivate Sales Representatives with training, conduct product presentations and seminars for customers, and participate in industry functions. Provide input on new products including performance testing and technical and marketing literature. Promote technical expertise through participation in key industry functions. Take lead responsibility for all published application engineering support that cannot be handled by the application specialist, regional application engineer, or design engineer.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- Present products to customers by providing technical expertise through the different phases of the sales process. Recommend products to meet the customer's needs through feature-benefit selling.
- Provide application engineering support to application specialist and other application engineers when requesting via training, coaching and joint presentations. Take responsibility for finding solutions to application problems whether those resources be inside or outside the company.
- Provide product application support to the engineering and marketing departments.
- Assist sales managers and sales reps in setting up product and sales strategies at all assigned accounts.
- Assist customers in the proper application, selection, installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of Power Systems Group Products.
- Present products and systems to customers at various seminars held throughout the year, including regional seminars, annual power products conference and others, as necessary.
- Take leadership role in assigned and industries societies, such as PSRC and IAS. Present and write technical papers for industry conferences and seminars.
- Provide input in the product planning and market research for new products when requested. Actively participate on planning and steering committees when assigned.
- Conduct performance testing on new products. Report design flaws and shortcomings to the engineering department.
- When required, assist in developing and implementing marketing programs including advertising, mail list management and direct mailings, trade show and technical conferences, and publicity.
- Participate in defining and developing technical content for the relay application school. Coordinate efforts of other application school. Coordinate efforts of other application engineers.
- Expand, develop, and critique application notes and application section in existing and new technical manuals. Provide final approval authority of the same.
- Develop liaisons with outside consultants and coordinate special studies when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as regional application engineer or fifteen (15) years’ experience in a related field.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- AD&D Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance