Assistant Director of Software Development
This position has the path to become the Director of Software Development. As the Assistant Director of Software Development, you will be responsible for directing software development projects and leading engineers and developers. This position will help lead the company by defining software requirements and taking the lead on operational and technical projects.
The ideal candidate has a background in software development, software engineering, and project management. This person should be able to work independently with little supervision and excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
This position is on-site 5 days a week. Candidate must be COVID vaccinated.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Work cross functionally with application and management teams to define the requirements.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management – prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Be flexible and willing to do a variety of tasks while the team is growing.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related fields.
- 7+ years’ experience in Software Development.
- Experience with .NET, C#, and SQL Server.
- Azure experience is a plus.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
- Software development experience in building highly scalable applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Qualities We Look For
- Demonstrated analytical, reasoning, planning. and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work as part of the leadership team and provide strategic direction.
- Strong team management skills.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance