The mission of the full-time Business Analyst is to organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts.
- Engage stakeholders to gather software requirements/business rules and ensure alignment with development team.
- Capture business needs and requirement through collaborative end-user discussions.
- Document business requirements using interviews, workshops, and/or existing system documentation or procedures to effectively capture business requirements.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into tangible deliverables such as use cases, user stories, and workflow/process diagrams.
- Draft and maintain business requirements and align them with functional and technical requirements.
- Develop user acceptance test (UAT) plans and test scenarios and manage the execution of UAT.
- Manage issues and report status to assigned Scrum Master / Project Manager.
- Make recommendations on applications for scalability, improved efficiencies, and risk mitigation.
- Use professional knowledge, judgment, and analysis in making decisions or recommending a course of action that resolves a business need.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for assigned applications.
- Participate in the development life cycle and communicate progress to stakeholders, addressing questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project and act as a liaison between team and end-users.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, or relative BA experience.
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks.
- 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst.
- Understanding of Dev Ops methodologies preferred, and capability of utilizing Dev Ops principles to help enhance team efficiency and support the company’s long-term goals.
- Experience with financial industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Atlassian Development tools (Jira, Crowd, Confluence) or similar products.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Database Management would be helpful but Not Required.
- Forward-thinking approach to automating and building processes for scalability and growth.
- Effective Information Literacy and Listening skills.
- Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate business scenarios.
- Evidence of self-motivation, willingness to be a team player, and has a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Build and maintain a positive and results-oriented work environment.
- Effectively work with both technical staff and business product owners.
- Persuasive and able to overcome objections.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate clearly with various departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail.
- Professional office environment (professional business dress code).
- Standard work week.